Fiber Optic Splice Closure , also known as fiber optic cable splice, cable splice closure, and barrel. It belongs to the mechanical pressure sealing joint system, which is a continuous protection device that provides optical, sealing and mechanical strength continuity between adjacent optical cables. It is mainly used for straight-through and branch connection of overhead, pipeline, direct burial and other laying methods applicable to various structural optical cables.
It is a connecting part that connects two or more optical cables and has protective parts. It is a must-have in the construction of optical cable lines, and it is one of the most important equipment. The quality of the optical cable joint box directly affects the optical cable line. Quality and cable life.
Installation steps of the cable connector box:
1. Select the seal ring with the smallest inner diameter according to the outer diameter of the cable and place the two seal rings on the cable.
2. Place the fiber optic cable into the corresponding access hole.
3. Connect shield and ground.
4. Wrap a self-adhesive sealing tape between the two sealing rings so that the sealing tape is wound flush with the outer diameter of the sealing ring to form a cable sealing end.
5. Press the sealed end of the cable into the hole of the cable.
6. Pass the hose clamp through the cable rib fixing seat and the cable core bracket, fix the cable to the base of the joint box, and tighten the hose clamp screw until the hose clamp is tightened.
7. Put a nylon cable tie on the cable and cut the length.
8. The remaining unused cable holes should be sealed with a plug. The sealing tape is also wound on the plug and is required to be the same as 5.2.4.
9. Wrap the reinforcing member around the countersunk screw of the splice tray holder and press it tightly.