What should be noticed when cleaning fiber optical connectors?
There are various ways to clean fiber optical connectors. But we still should be careful when cleaning fiber optical connectors, because they are easily damaged. Following are some helpful notes that should be given attention to when cleaning connectors.
1. Do not forget to inspect the fiber optical connector, component, or bulkhead before starting cleaning.
2. Do not allow the end of the fiber optical connectors to contact with any surface including fingers.
3. Do not use alcohol or wet cleaning if no residue left on the end face. It can do harm to the equipment.
4. Do not push it with heavy pressure. Use the fiber optic cleaner correctly by inserting it at the correct angle and clean connectors carefully.
5. Do not forget to reinspect the connectors when the cleaning has been finished.
What types of fiber optic cleaners are there?
With more and more fiber optic components are widely used, fiber optic cleaning is required for an optimum connection between both active fiber equipment and passive fiber equipment. Without cleaning, your network performance and reliability can be influenced. Here recommends two common types of fiber optic cleaners.
One-click Cleaner: One-click cleaner is designed to clean male connectors, female bulkhead adapters, fiber patch cables and test equipment. It cleans the ferrule end face, removing the dust, oil and other contamination without scratching the end face.
Fiber Optic Cassette Cleaner: The cassette cleaner can wipe away contamination from optical connector end face with ease. It’s very easy to use and suitable for LC/MU/SC/FC/ST/MPO/MTRJ connectors. Usually, the body of this cleaner is made from antistatic materials which will not produce dust.
Keeping fiber optic end faces clean is extremely important and one of the most critical requirements for ensuring accurate measurements and operation. Hence, choosing suitable cleaning tools for fiber optical connectors is significant. Now, you can easily find stores and manufacturers that provide a number of fiber optic cleaning tools, such as pen cleaner, cassette cleaner and so on. All these cleaning tools have good quality and high performance, which can make your fiber optic cleaning works easier and more convenient.